Colchester East Hants Health Authority is fortunate to partner with five Community Health Boards (CHBs) which serve as the eyes, ears and voices of our communities. The volunteer organizations, made up of everyday citizens of all ages and walks of life, who share a commitment to improving the health of our communities.
2012 CHB Community Survey Report
CHBS are responsible for:
- Collecting information on local health needs and services
- Encouraging participation in local health planning
- Identifying factors that influence health
- Helping educate the public about health and the health care system
- Developing yearly community health plans which set priorities and advise the health authority on ways to improve health and health services.
- Identifying ways to make the communities healthier.
- Participate in the allocation of community health grants
Along the Shore Community Health Board
East Hants Community Health Board
North Shore Area Community Health Board
Truro & Area Community Health Board
South Colchester Community Health Board