Seniors' Clinic Vision Statement
Our vision is to foster wellness, independence and quality of life in aging. Using our expertise in the unique needs of seniors, we work collaboratively with partners across the health care system to support seniors, families and caregivers.
In June of 2007, Colchester East Hants Health Authority launched a new seniors' clinic to promote wellness and independence in seniors. The clinic operates Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on the main floor of the Rath Eastlink Community Centre.
Who are we?
- We are a team of health care professionals dedicated to the health, safety and well being of seniors in Colchester East Hants.
- Our team consists of a Physician Consultant in Geriatrics, Geriatric Consult Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Seniors' Clinic Manager, and Administrative Office Manager.
- We specialize in the unique health care needs of seniors.
- Our goal is to work with physicians, other health care providers, partners and agencies in the community to optimize seniors’ quality of life, to promote health, safety and independence.
What do we do best?
- The Seniors' Clinic will advocate on behalf of the senior and help the senior navigate through the health care system.
- We will work hard to help seniors avoid hospital and nursing home admissions.
- We will provide consultation, education, health promotion and illness prevention activities for seniors in our community.
- A healthy community is essential. We believe in community development. We will work with seniors to bring positive change for our community with respect to their needs.
Connecting with you…
Where will Our Services Be Offered?
- Clinic setting
- In the senior's home
- At organized wellness and health promotion activities
Who can refer to the Seniors' Clinic?
- Anyone – for example – physician, home care coordinator, self-referral.
- The seniors' family doctor needs to be aware of and agree with the referral
- In order to be seen by our Physician Consultant in Geriatrics a written referral from your Family Doctor will be required.
- Referral forms will be available or you can call the Seniors' Clinic directly (902-896-2609)
Who Would Benefit from the Seniors' Clinic?
Those 65 years of age and older who have any of the following…
- multiple medical problems – but do not currently need care in hospital.
- a recent health issue that may affect their ability to live independently
- are on multiple medications
- are becoming unsteady on their feet and/or have been experiencing falls
- are experiencing changes in their memory
- caregivers who have questions / concerns about caring for seniors
- want to learn more about how to maintain health, safety and independence as they age
**The Seniors' Clinic promotes wellness and independence in aging. Serious or urgent health concerns should be brought to the attention of a primary health care provider**
Our Office is located:
Rath Eastlink Community Centre
625 Abenaki Road
We can be reached by:
Phone: 896-2609 or 1-800-460-2110 ext. 42609